Why are both wisdom and foolishness pictured as women in Proverbs?
Proverbs 9:1 - 18
1 Wisdom has built her house; she has hewn her seven pillars.
2 She has slaughtered her beasts; she has mixed her wine; she has also set her table.
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
Chapter 9 of Proverbs uses personification to describe wisdom and foolishness as women. Why would the author use women as his examples? The answer is found in the descriptions used of these two ter...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible