What is reality therapy, and is it biblical?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
Mental health counselors often disagree about the legitimacy of secular counseling theories; Christians have proven even more skeptical. Many secular theories are based on unbiblical philosophies t...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Reality therapy simply seeks to bring the client or patient back to it. What is real, what is important, how are your choices affecting your everyday living. It is entirely mental, not Spiritual. One can only use RT in a Christian setting where reality is the Word of God and one is made aware of the choices offered by Him.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible