What does the Bible say about controlling your temper?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
Many people struggle with a quick or fiery temper. Although society often encourages people to express themselves and not hold back, God's Word teaches that giving in to one's temper is a sin.The B...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
James 1:19–20 (ESV): Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20 for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible