Should a Christian ever get involved with hypnosis?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
Hypnosis is problematic for a Christian for several reasons:1) The fruit of the Spirit is self-control (Galatians 5:22-23). As we follow the Spirit's lead, He will give us the power to better contr...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
I have a pain management doctor who is Christian. He uses hypnosis and we pray before and he prays during and also uses scripture to claim a miracle from God for my healing and freedom from my addiction to smoking. I think it depends on who is doing it and what the intentions are.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible