How does psychology work with biblical counseling?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
Secular psychology is based on the teachings of psychoanalysts such as Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, and Carl Rogers. Biblical, or nouthetic, counseling, on the other hand, is based squarely on the rev...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
It doesn't. God is Spirit. We worship HIM in Spirit and in truth. Those called to Christian counseling or mediation, or to Biblical intervention, should NEVER open a textbook on psychology or adapt the teachings of psychologists and psychiatrists to God's Most Holy Word.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible