What is hyper-Calvinism and is it biblical?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
A simple definition is this: hyper-Calvinism is the belief that God saves the elect through His sovereign will with little or no use of the methods of bringing about salvation (such as evangelism, ...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Some hyper-Calvinists I have spoken to believe that it is okay to hate the non-elect.
They have also embraced mutually contradictory ideas saying that they don't try to reconcile friends.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible