0

Who is speaking in Isaiah 50:1?

Who is speaking in Isaiah 50:1?

Isaiah 50:1

NKJV - 1 Thus says the LORD: "Where is the certificate of your mother's divorce, Whom I have put away? Or which of My creditors is it to whom I have sold you? For your iniquities you have sold yourselves, And for your transgressions your mother has been put away.

Clarify Share Report Asked January 07 2015 Mini Anonymous

1
Data Lena Wms Student @Christ Gospel Church, S.S.Teacher, Observer
Oh, what a fun question! Isaiah was such a man of God! Jehovah (LORD) had lifted him up into a realm of the Spirit and was speaking to Him in chapter 49, and the beginning of 50.

Isaiah was prophesying about a time in Israel when they would be convinced that Jehovah (LORD) had totally abandoned them. (This has happened several times in their history) Isa 49:8-14 
They truly believed that their Creator had forsaken them.

Jehovah (LORD) addresses Israel in Isa 49:15-18 first as a little baby, then as a son, then as a warrior fighting battles, then as a bride. 

Isaiah 50:1 is a continuation of the 49th chapter. The LORD is asking Israel's sons, "Where are you getting that I have put your mother away with divorce papers?" Basically the LORD is saying "I am still your FATHER!" "But it is your own sin, your own stinking perversities that have caused me to abandon you!" "This is why your mother was put out of my sight" "You have broken my laws"

The LORD pleaded with Israel many times to return to Him. Not to break(transgress) His Laws or to perverse His commandments(iniquities).
Many have been the times they have refused to heed His pleading. 

I hope this answers your question. 

Be Blessed
Lena

January 09 2015 1 response Vote Up Share Report