0

Is it okay for me to ask my wife to cover up (to dress modestly, i.e. no yoga pants or such) if we have agreed to not have sex in order to pray?

1 Corinthians 7:5

NKJV - 5 Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Clarify Share Report Asked December 25 2014 Mini Anonymous

1
Data Helen Bingham
As married individuals, we should be humble servants of Christ and one another first. We should be kind and supportive, ministers of the love of Christ to each other in all ways. Therefore if you are asking your wife for support in ways that are reasonable, I think your wife out of love should do the best she can for you. After all, we should "Do onto others what we would want done to us." I'm sure she would hope you would be supportive, if she has a request in the future.

December 26 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report