5

If the penalty for our sins is eternity in Hell, how did Jesus' death pay our penalty if He did not spend eternity in Hell?

For follow-up discussion and general commentary on the topic. Comments are sorted chronologically.

Mini Bolatito Babasola

It is simple but delicate. Christ is sinless, thus, He cannot spend eternity in hell. More so, only pure blood can atone for human sin.

December 03 2013 Report

Img 0360 Terry Gillard

What an interesting list of opinions there are! But what difference do they make?

If I believe in a conscious eternal hell (which is the biblical view) then my stance is with the 24 elders in Rev 4 that are so excited (and grateful) in their redemption they're spending the time throwing crowns before their Saviour!

For one who believes in annihilation - so what? If you are right - then when I get there you can tell me so: More than anything else I will never be happy giving people the slightly comfortable notion that what Christ went through doesn't matter because it will just end for them anyway, because if that belief is wrong many, many will spend an eternity in hell that may have had a chance to find forgiveness in Christ.

March 14 2019 Report

Login or Sign Up to add your comment.