What was a blood covenant?
Genesis 15:9 - 21
9 He said to him, "Bring me a heifer three years old, a female goat three years old, a ram three years old, a turtledove, and a young pigeon.
10 And he brought him all these, cut them in half, and laid each half over against the other. But he did not cut the birds in half.
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
The scene would look quite ominous to modern-day observers-five bloody animal carcasses on the ground, three of them split in half, with the halves separated a short distance from each other. But i...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible