Why did Jesus say to Peter, 'Get behind me Satan'?
23 But he turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
The command "Get behind me, Satan," spoken to Peter by Jesus, is recorded in Matthew 16:23 and Mark 8:33. "Get behind me, Satan" seems harsh and out of character for Jesus, especially when addressi...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible