What does it mean to accept Jesus as your personal Savior?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior? To properly understand this question, you must first understand the terms "Jesus Christ," "personal," and "Savior."Who is Jesus Christ? Many ...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
"Personal Savior" cannot be found in the Bible - there is no such thing. This is another one of those man-made traditions, that are "nice to do", but not biblical.
God makes covenants with a community of people "I am your God, you are my people". Not once did Jesus say that he is a savior of a particular person.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible