← Back
1

Is Hosea 11:1 a Messianic prophecy?

Hosea 11:1

ESV - 1 When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.

12
Hosea 11:1 states, "When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son." Is this verse a Messianic prophecy?The context of this verse speaks of the relationship the Lord had wit...

3
21f8064e 8993 4836 9c71 0fa08b4ced7f Jeremiah Navi PROPHET OF GOD
I would say, yes it is a messianic prophecy. Although Hosea 11:1 had present day (at the time of it's writing and reading? The Holy Spirit affirms to us in Matthew 2:15, it was in Christ that it found it's fulfillment. 

Matthew 2:15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

The Greek word for Fulfill, play-ro'-o, means:
" of sayings, promises, prophecies, to bring to pass, ratify, accomplish, to render full, i.e. to complete; to fill to the top: so that nothing shall be wanting to full measure, fill to the brim; consummate;
to make complete in every particular, to render perfect; to carry through to the end, to accomplish, carry out, (some undertaking) 
verify, be complete, end, expire, fulfill, perfect, supply"
I think it might even be significant to add, since scripture tells us Christ was the fulfillment of Hos 11:1, even ISRAEL had it's fulfillment in Christ.

November 03 2015 0 responses Vote Up Share Report