Why is wickedness portrayed as a woman in Zechariah 5:7-8?
Zechariah 5:7 - 8
7 And behold, the leaden cover was lifted, and there was a woman sitting in the basket!
8 And he said, "This is Wickedness." And he thrust her back into the basket, and thrust down the leaden weight on its opening.
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
One of the prophet Zechariah's visions is of a measuring basket with a lead cover. In Zechariah 5:7-8 he writes, "Then the cover of lead was raised, and there in the basket sat a woman! [The angel]...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible