Who were the Hellenistic Jews in the Bible?
1 Now in these days when the disciples were increasing in number, a complaint by the Hellenists arose against the Hebrews because their widows were being neglected in the daily distribution.
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
The Hellenistic Jews are first mentioned in the Bible in Acts 6:1: "In those days when the number of disciples was increasing, the Hellenistic Jews among them complained against the Hebraic Jews be...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible