← Back
1

How did Christ fulfill the prophecies of Isaiah 49:5-6 that Israel would be gathered to Him, and that He would be a light to the gentiles?

Have these prophecies been completely fulfilled, or only partially fulfilled? 

Isaiah 49:5 - 6

ESV - 5 And now the Lord says, he who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob back to him; and that Israel might be gathered to him - for I am honored in the eyes of the Lord, and my God has become my strength - 6 He says: "It is too light a thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to bring back the preserved of Israel; I will make you as a light for the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth.

Clarify Share Report Asked June 12 2015 Image Joel Amos

2
Philip medium Philip Davies
This has been completely fulfilled in Christ.
Israel, true spiritual Israel, those showing the faith of Abraham, Rom 9:8 have been gathered to him, and what Isa 49:6 calls the 'preserved of Israel' have been drawn back to God. In addition Christ has already become a light for the nations and not just the Jews, the message of the gospel is no longer just for one nation but for all, so this is also fulfilled. And salvation now reaches to the end of the earth and people in every nation are saved. This scripture is fulfilled in its entirety.
Regards
Philip

June 13 2015 1 response Vote Up Share Report

1
Mini Shirley H. prayer warrior
Jesus was glorified, John 12:28 - A voice came from heaven "I have glorified it and I will again glorify it". By doing all that God asked, Isaiah 49:5.

Isaiah 42:1-4 Even though today Israel has not fully gathered, Jesus has done all that needs to be done.

Peter (the rock) on which Jesus built the "church" (by Jesus definition is to be a group of believers baptised with the Holy Spirit). Peter was given the faith to know that Jesus was the Christ. Matthew 16:16.

In the book of Acts, chapter 10, Saul/Paul is raised by Jesus to be His servant. In Acts 9:16, we are told that Paul is The Lord's chosen instrument to bring His Name to the non-Jew.

In Acts chapter 10, Peter has a vision where he learns that all people belong to God.

Acts 15:13-15 James declares Peter to be correct. 

Peter declares witness to Paul in 2 Peter 3:15-17.

Today God is still waiting with open arms. I believe that the prophecy has been fulfilled, and is still open to gather as many as will come into the fold of God's love. 

John:10:11 "I Am The Good Shepherd, The Good Shepherd gives His Life for the sheep."

June 13 2015 0 responses Vote Up Share Report