← Back
2

What does it mean in Jude 1:20 to be "praying in the Holy Ghost"?

Jude 1:20

KJV - 20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost.

Clarify Share Report Asked May 29 2015 Mini Anonymous

7
Images 255 Vendy Cochran A Daughter of the Most High God
it could be by means of, in connection to, and/or with the help of the Holy Spirit. I think it means to pray on the things the Holy Spirit brings to mind as we focus our thoughts on God and man. Also in Romans 8:26 it says the Holy Spirit helps us when we don't know what to pray or when we cant find the words to express our heart. He in turn utters groans we do not understand.He is so closely connected to God that He knows what please Him and how to best convey our prayers to Him. Sometimes all I can do is groan because I don't know whether I should be praying for God to bless someone or for Him to open their hearts and minds to accept what He has been trying to reach out and tell them. In conclusion I think it means to invite the Holy Spirit to help us understand and to pray for us because we are limited in our understanding of the things of God.

May 30 2015 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

5
1432567874 Bridget Casey Thankful Servant of GOD!!!
I believe that "praying in the Holy Ghost" or "praying in the Holy Spirit" is how we build up our spirit (by speaking in tongues) to be able to withstand the works of the devil.

Jude 1:20 is the ONLY verse in the Bible where it refers to our faith as being "Most Holy". Which is AWESOME, to know that we can build ourselves up in it! 

I never used to believe in speaking in tongues, but ever since I have, my spirit has continued to grow SO much faster, & stronger than ever! It has become much easier to shut the devil's attempts down at derailing my walk with Jesus & my godly lifestyle as well! 

Whether or not you believe in speaking in tongues, I doubt that there is ANYONE that wouldn't LOVE to have "Most Holy Faith"! 
I hope that I was able to help you understand that passage at least a little bit. 

May God continue to bless you! 
Bridget