← Back
1

Was Isaac born to Abraham and Sarah without physical contact between them?

I believe that Isaac was the legitimate seed of Abraham, but have a doubt whether he was born out of normal physical contact between Abraham and Sarah. Because Romans 4:19 says that his body was as good as dead then. Yet he believed that God would keep His promise. 

Then the question is, did God miraculously cure Abraham's infertility & menopause condition of Sarah in order to beget Isaac, or did God miraculously form the seed of Abraham in Sarah's womb without Abraham's physical contact with Sarah by His almighty power?

Romans 4:19

NIV - 19 Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead - since he was about a hundred years old - and that Sarah's womb was also dead.

Clarify Share Report Asked February 13 2015 My passport new Arun Kumar

2
Q jcryle001 JD Abshire
The Lord apparently fixed Abraham's infertility issues and Sarah's. after Sarah's death Abraham remarried. By his second wife Ketura he had six sons.

Genesis 25:1-2 "Then again Abraham took a wife, and her name was Keturah. And she bare him Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah."
(See also 1 Chronicles 1:32).

Remember, Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born (Genesis 21:5) but did not die until age 175 (Genesis 25:7).

I believe Isaac was conceived naturally, through physical contact. After all, the Lord raised the dead, made the blind to see, the deaf hear, the dumb speak and the lame walk. 

"Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son." (Genesis 18:14)

"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" (Jeremiah 32:27)

February 13 2015 1 response Vote Up Share Report

1
Mini Shayne Joseph
He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised y He was also able to perform. 22 And therefore z "it was accounted to him for righteousness.

I think Romans 4:21 speaks to the amazing restorative power of God. I would say that God's miraculous will allowed Abraham to perform physically through faith and obedience to Gods infinite plan.

October 31 2018 0 responses Vote Up Share Report