8

How do I get rid of my homosexual tendency?

I am trying to escape this mind game this world has program my mind to. 

Clarify Share Report Asked February 06 2014 Mini shakera burchette

For follow-up discussion and general commentary on the topic. Comments are sorted chronologically.

Mini Tom howard

Repent.

February 07 2014 Report

Mini shakera burchette

i do believe in god n love him and his son dearly. I pray and ask god to take this curse away from me and sometimes i cry myself asleep because i believe im going to hell because of who i love.i just started driving myself to a place i dont want to be any more. I tryed being with a guy and i wasnt happy and i feel nasty. So now im try to break away from being like this by being by myself. But i still have the thoughts. And read my bible and pray. I just dont know what to do

February 08 2014 Report

Mini Larry Truelove

Sexual identity confusion is not something resolved quickly and easily. It's roots are usually deep seated since early childhood. Typically, those afflicted cannot remember feeling normal.
Recognizing the truth of God's plan for male-female marriage is an important first step, not matter what our culture says. Biblically based counseling and the loving support of God's people can help overcome these feelings. It did not happen overnight and will likely not be resolved quickly either.

February 08 2014 Report

Mini Tom howard

1 Corinthians 6: 9,10,11 '' Know you not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And 'such were some of you': but you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

Here Paul is giving a great report , that though some of these people were in these sins, they did get free from them. They were washed clean! Wonderful news, and Jesus is the same today as He was back then! Let the Spirit of God work in you.

But first repent (turn from) and allow Gods Spirit to make you clean. He's willing and able.

February 08 2014 Report

Mini shakera burchette

i want know do anyone have time to be the person i vent 2

February 08 2014 Report

Mini shakera burchette

thankz to everyone i need someone to vent to any takers....

February 08 2014 Report

Image Lindsay Booth

You have to get to the point where you hate it. Everytime that gets in your head, pray. You can vent to me

February 08 2014 Report

Open uri20121219 28732 1drhspl Adam Medart

Keep praying over and over about it. You will come to the point where you will actually feel these feelings escape you and your love for God will truly grow stronger.

February 09 2014 Report

Dave2 David P. Larsen

Shakera, It's probably best to find someone local you can confide in like a pastor. I'm not sure about the quality you can get over the internet. It may be scary because you don't know the person at first. If the person seems to not be concerned or compassionate to you, then you may have to find someone else. Love and relationships are a risk for all of us. I hope you will invest in real people, it is worth it. -God Bless.

February 10 2014 Report

Mini Ed. B.

Shekera,

I am Ed. B.. I wrote a response to you and if you ask the Holy Spirit for His guidance He will guide you through this. Also follow the guidance and advice in my response and ask God to guide you to someone who will support you in prayer through this. Someone you can trust to share what you are going through till God sees you though this. …And trust me he will!
Also don't feel as if you have to be with a man to be whole. I am not saying you should be with a woman…you already know that! What I am saying is that God may have chosen you to be one of those "specially gifted" in the church to be single. Paul states in 1 Cor. 7:25-38, that who does not marry can do more for the Lord and he gives instructions to those who would marry and those who can remain single. Also I will be praying for you and if you wish for someone to vent to…I would gladly listen and pray you through this.

February 14 2014 Report

Open uri20150324 19528 qn1nun Scarlett Holtz

Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all. It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all. It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed" (Luke 17:26-30, NIV; cf. Matt 24:37-39).

The two examples of Noah's and Lot's times are used by Christ to stress two points. First, the wicked will be overtaken by the sudden and unexpected judgment of His Advent in the same way as the Flood and the destruction of Sodom overtook the people of Noah's and Lot's times. Second, people will act "in the days" before His Second Coming very much the same way as they did "in the days" of Noah and of Lot.None of these activities are wrong in themselves. What is wrong is that the people in those days lived only to satisfy their appetites and material desires. God and godliness had no place in their lives.

In their search for selfish pleasure and prosperity, mankind sank into such great depravity, the Scripture says, "every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually"

Paul, for example, warns Timothy about the godlessness of the last days, saying: "But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God -- having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them" (II Timothy 3:1-5, NIV).

This shocking prediction of the social wickedness of the last days reads like an accurate description of our time. Man lying with man, women with women and both with beast and thinking nothing of it save their own perverse sexual gratification. The word gives an accurate prediction of these last days we currently live in. Just as it was in Lot's day there are many that seek nothing but to be perverse, unnatural in their sexual practices and drawing in others to their lewd behaviors as even then in that time they sought to molest the angels themselves.

Jesus spoke of a perverse generation as well. There has been much word spoke of these behaviors and what God's opinion was as well.

We can find that in Lev. 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Romans 1: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
1Timothy 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

God was not pleased with those who chose to use their bodies in a way that HE GOD had not created them to be used.
This is just another show of how the enemy of GOD perverts His creation to twist it into something vile and man seems to fall right in accepting it as a norm. We need to seek God's face and His word and find out what it is that God has for His children and follow His truth and become the new creation He GOD has called us to be, without spot or wrinkle, to be blameless before Him.

April 26 2017 Report

Login or Sign Up to add your comment.