8

How do I get rid of my homosexual tendency?

I am trying to escape this mind game this world has program my mind to. 

Clarify Share Report Asked February 06 2014 Mini shakera burchette

41
Dave2 David P. Larsen
Shakera, All of us struggle with fleshly desires on some level. The best way to overcome our flesh is to completely surrender our life and desires to God. God wants to fulfill all our needs. The Apsotle Paul stated in Philippians 4:19 " And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

Usually our desires are a blend of legitimate needs and how we have been influenced by our past hurts and the sins in our own hearts. Most of the time we are not aware of all the things in our own heart, or the things that have influenced us. The most fulfilling life will seek wisdom to understand why you feel the way you do and seek to fulfill your needs in a way that God will provide. I suggest finding a wise and loving Biblical pastor or counselor to encourage you and help give feedback to the deep issues you are facing. 

We can indeed be transformed by the renewing of our mind as Paul stated in Romans 12:1. Through Love, encouragement, and wisdom through the understanding of God's word, your mind, and whole life can and will be changed and transformed if you will allow Him to work. Whatever the reason for your feelings, God created you and Loves you. 

Trust Him and truly seek Him, and fellowship with others who will not look down, but encourage you. 

May God richly Bless you as you trust in Him...

February 07 2014 13 responses Vote Up Share Report

22
Mini Ed. B.
Shakera… nothing thrills me more than hearing about members, within the Body of Christ, who wish to "rid" themselves of some sinful tendency. The truth is that God, through the Holy Spirit will remove it. The Holy Spirit convicts us of our sinfulness, to begin with. Your acknowledgement of this means that you now wish to partner with the Holy Spirit regarding the removal of this sin.
Unfortunately, there are those within the body of Christ who have not struggled with this "type" of sin or other obvious "sins". They then become harsh…judgmental and offer advice from a place of pride because they have such "great discipline" and really have not struggled with anything except the pride they are unaware of.
I struggled for years with alcohol and sexual addiction and I finally am at the place where I know that GOD has given me victory over these areas of my life. 
First off avoid the obvious…that is the part that we should do... such as staying away from people, places and things (James 4:4)
I had to acknowledge my sin…avoid the obvious... and also acknowledge that it was my self centered sinful nature that wanted to please my "flesh"(Gal. 5:17). When we are honest with ourselves we can then be honest with God and then He can begin to change us (Ps. 51:5-7)
I also prayed and asked God to send me someone who would not judge me if I fell…but that was going to be supportive, firm, and would love me through the victory. They made sure...I checked my motives and made sure I wasn't trying to "play" with my sin.
…And most importantly I didn't quit…especially when the enemy would try to tell me, "See you did it again…since God is not taking this away He must want you like this! It's ok to remain like that! Yet at every turn Jesus did not quit on me and the Holy Spirit continued to convict and encourage me. Being confident of this, he who began a good work…would COMPLETE IT (Phillip. 1:6)

Do all this and MOST IMPORTANTLY... be helpful to others while the Holy Spirit is working within you. Love others and be of service to them. This is God's secret reward to those of us suffer from addictive and traumatic sins such as ours (Gal 5:13)! This will get you out of your selfishness and out of your head, mind and thoughts (Gal 5:16 and Rom 12:1,2). Before you know it... the obsessive thoughts will not be there and then you can focus more on God while he continues His great sanctifying work.

The Holy Spirit will be making intercession for you during this time (Rom 8:26) and your Lord Jesus is the high priest who gave the ultimate sacrifice where we obtain mercy and grace till we realize our (HIS) victory. And just like Peter, when and while you realize this victory, strengthen those who suffer with the same that you struggled with (Luke 22:32). In everything give thanks for this is God's will for you (1 Thes. 5:18) while HE does the work!

It is people like us whom God has chosen to show the world what He can do as we surrender our inability to "stop" our sin. (yes…I said surrender your inability... simply because we CANT do it... If we could do it…then wouldn't we?)

We can't do it…But He can and will!

I will remember you in my prayers always!

February 08 2014 10 responses Vote Up Share Report

14
Mini Jim Gauntt
As I read David's response I saw something in the scripture he referenced I had not seen before, "my God will supply all your needs". I guess God will satisfy (or supply) whatever is at the root of my desire in such a way that the symptom (stemming from the root) will no longer have its negative affect on me (my mind, emotions, or will)... I hope I'm getting this right: it's something I haven't seen before, and yet it seems to answer, at least for me, a difficult question... I need to ask God for the wisdom in understanding what lies at the root of the symptoms that are manifesting in my life (desires), and then ask him to meet that need in such a way that the symptoms fall by the wayside.

Maybe I'm spending way too much time struggling with the symptoms and never getting at the root driving the symptoms.

February 07 2014 3 responses Vote Up Share Report

8
Mini Jean Email Believer
Hi Shakera

I truly applaud you for taking the courage to speak up and deal with this issue. No matter what people think or how you feel at this point, Jesus loves you and has compassion for the trouble you are facing. It is not as simple as people think, that you just simply repent and choose to live a new life and you are done with it. You can be strong for a few weeks or months but you may find yourself going back again into this life. There is one permanent way: Deliverance. The Word teaches that we wrestle not against flesh and blood: 

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Ephesians 6:12 KJV)

This is a battle against demonic strongholds. But God teaches us that when we fight using His power, we will bring down those strongholds:

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; (2 Corinthians 10:4, 5 KJV).

You will find most people who have gay issues (not all) have nearly realistic dreams of sex with familiar and sometimes unfamiliar faces; sometimes they dream of living in water kingdoms as queens (or kings). They dream often of snakes like pythons and odd marine-like creatures. Sometimes they are pursued by dogs in their dreams. When gay men go around claiming that they are queens, it's really an outward manifestation of a marine demon. These demons are very difficult to deal with and rarely leave only with therapy and/or conversion to Christianity. They need to be cast out by experienced deliverance ministers who have the gift of discernment, then the therapy takes over to prevent a relapse, daily putting on the "whole armor of God". 

I suggest going to a deliverance minister, not because it's impossible for you to pray for yourself, but because your faith may have been weakened by years of battle and you need help from someone with strong faith; Jesus sent out His disciples to do this deliverance ministry among the people so don't hesitate to reach out. They are very difficult demons to fight if fought in your own strength without prayer and fasting. When the disciples failed to cast out a stubborn demon, Jesus taught that some demons only go out with prayer and fasting. 

Find a deliverance minister who is experienced with gay people. Watch this YouTube clip which shows this deliverance pastor praying for a lesbian then perhaps you will get an idea of the forces that this woman battled. It's only 3 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UwLtdETLJk

In the meantime, I encourage you to pray this prayer:

Father in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ, I ask you to expose every demonic force that is forcibly taking your place in my life. I ask for divine revelation and guidance in dealing with this matter. I want you LORD to take full authority and control of my life in Jesus' Name. Amen.

February 08 2014 3 responses Vote Up Share Report

4
Mini Julian Whettam
Hi Shakera,

I was surprised to read that most of the responses say that "homosexuality is a sin". It could be a sin, but the reasons for homosexual feelings can be many, varied and complex, and there are psychological reasons why some people, through no choice of their own, have homosexual feelings and/or may not be attracted to the opposite sex.

As I said, homosexual attraction can be sinful, or a result of sin: see Romans 1:18-32, especially 26-27. But that doesn't cover every example of people who have homosexual feelings. Some people have these feelings from childhood, and in such cases there may well be psychological issues which contribute or cause this.

However, the Bible is clear that homosexual SEX is definitely a sin, and there's little room for doubt about this. I've yet to hear any arguments to the contrary that actually follow. And this surely applies to any kind of homosexual practice.

The crucial thing, then, is not to indulge any homosexual attraction that one feels - i.e. don't get into any same-sex sexual encounters, pornography etc. This may be difficult, but of course heterosexual Christians are in a similar position. We believe sex is for marriage (between a man and a woman), so, until we're married, we need to practise chastity, i.e. not have sex. Many, many christians manage this with God's help. It's perfectly possible to live without having sex. 

Of course, our society constantly tells us the opposite, that we need to be having sex - but that really is nonsense, and it's contrary to God's word. Perhaps one reason for this widespread belief is a lack of other meaning and purpose in people's lives. Another reason may be that people don't know how to have close friendships other than sexual ones. Another is that our society is highly sex-oriented.

Anyway, where does this leave someone who has homosexual feelings? (I don't know your exact situation, so I'll try to cover all the main bases.) In one respect, I guess it depends on whether they have heterosexual feelings as well, or just homosexual ones. And if the latter, it depends on whether your orientation changes or not. (I do encourage going to a professional counsellor who is a christian (not just a christian who does counselling.)) For those who have only homosexual feelings, the fear can be that one is doomed to a life of celibacy, and in particular a life of singleness, and that can be a scary thought. None of us know the future, and for some the situation changes, whereas for others it doesn't. The problem you mention can be very difficult for some, and I do encourage you to get the support you need.

I got married aged 34, and although I always wanted to be married, I had actually found that life as a single wasn't so bad. I made many good friends. And, with God's help, I lived up to that point without having sex. Honestly, it was OK! I also know a lot of single people who live happy and purposeful lives, serving God wholeheartedly. Single life does not have to be unhappy or unfulfilled. Singleness and marriage both have their trials, too.

I hope and pray that by God's grace you are freed of your homosexual feelings. This seems to happen to some 'gay' Christians. But it doesn't happen to others, so they remain single, because they remain 'gay', and trust in God's grace to help them to live rightly. In fact, all of us, whether gay or straight, single or married, need God's grace to help us to live rightly, and that's true in the area of sex just as in other areas. 

I hope that helps! Don't just struggle on alone.
Blessings

P.S. I had a conversation with an American Christian just a few days ago, and I heard from him the 'homosexuality is a sin' statement. I think that view is more common in the States. Thankfully, in the UK Christian scene things have moved on a bit, and we're less inclined to assume that everyone who has homosexual feelings does so because they choose to be sinful.

February 11 2014 2 responses Vote Up Share Report

3
Mini Elisabeth Woltman
Shakera, I admire you for making efforts to resist homosexual temptations.
Promise, you will be in my prayers from now on.

The fact that you are trying to overcome the temptations means to me that the Holy Spirit is in you, protecting you all the time.

On the more practical note; try to find a Christian homosexual group. I know of such groups existing in England.

From what I understand, it is a group of non-active homosexual believers who support each other to overcome the urge through prayers as well as more practical advice.

Keep on praying and I assure you that God hears your every word.

We are told "ask and it will be given", keep asking, do not give up.

February 08 2014 1 response Vote Up Share Report

3
Stringio Collins Otonna
By crying out for Help iin riding yourself of homosexuality, you are actually responding to the call of the Holy Spirit to come out 'Babylon'

Once you recognize homosexuality as a demonic issue which it is, the demon becomes exposed, without which exposure, or the modern socio centric cultural babel about homosexuality, it will remain smug in your life leading along the low and perrilous road

That said it is easier for a willing Christian to have any demon cast out
Than any other battle you can ill wage

Go to a living church or a clean deliverance ministry and request deliverance from all unGodly spirit and that spirit will be thrown back to where it belongs

Cheers and victory to you

February 10 2014 1 response Vote Up Share Report

3
9aa51e4b447252291b959c696fb96539 400x400 Jeremiah Kaaya Pastor at Springs of Power Church, Teacher by professional
I believe the very first thing in all this is for someone to realize they are faced with a problem, not to compromise your mind and body to accept it as normal. Try what you can to forsake it, the rest leave it to God. What you must know is that in this project of deliverance and spiritual healing, both God and the sinner must be willing partners.

Let me also share with you my testimony. At one point, I was mired in a habitual sin, the sin of masturbation. I struggled with it for over 7yrs. It had taken a toll on me. It had reached a level whereby blood had began to come out of my penis, but despite all that, the devil continued to urge me to do it, the very evidence that it was surely devil driven, it wasn't simply my personal habit. Equally so Homosexuality is not also a personal matter, it is surely devil driven. However, I hated it and I loved to forsake it and thereby transform. I prayed, fasted, but the habit persisted. At one time, I was led to believe it was to be part of me. However though, because I was willing to forsake the habit, but only lacking enough spiritual power to forsake it by myself, and always having prayed to God to set me free, God by Himself, and in His own power, one night told me; "......today I have set you free....". Even when we are actively mired in sin, there is all hope in Jesus the CHRIST. It is now over 10yrs ever since I was delivered from this monstrous habitual sin of masturbation. I am now happily married with 3 children. Ever since then, I have never had the urge again to practice masturbation, I am free, everybody can be (Mathew 11:28-29). Such are spiritual matters which can only be dealt with spiritually, if you genuinely seek the Lord with all your heart. 

The tendency to love to be gay is a temptation like any other temptation, there are people who are habitually thieves, or whatever, all such need deliverance and spiritual healing by Jesus the CHRIST.. As such, the urge to homosexuality should equally be resisted like we resist any other temptations, say; the urge to steal, to kill, to fornicate, etc. The challenge is only in attempting to accept it as a normal thing, that is where we lose it from. All the hype about homosexuality is in a section of individuals who are only bent on urging us to accept it as being normal and should there4 be accepted and thereby cheered. 

As that, any person who tends to have the urge to homosexuality can equally be delivered from it if they seek God, the God who delivered me from masturbation can surely deliver everybody else. In prayer, fasting and submission to the authority of Jesus the CHRIST you will surely get through.

February 13 2014 2 responses Vote Up Share Report

2
1385395570 Rev. Calvin Banks
Shakera, I suggest that you first determine the true purpose of your body and mind. Once you have reached that knowledge, you must then begin to understand that man was designed with the ability to relate to the opposite sex. Throughout generations men of all ages go through life confused about the feelings that seem to rule their attractions. If a unmarried heterosexual gave in to his sexual desires sex would be a constant activity. The same theory applies to homosexuals in terms of their attractions to the same sex. It is only through the power of God that any man can make the proper use of his body the way God had designed us for. Seek counseling from a strong spiritual person and pray like you have never prayed.

February 07 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

2
Image David Sutton
First thing that must be addressed is are we going to use God as the means to solve this problem. 

If we don't believe it's sin then you will never come to the appoint were you can deal with it from the words of God.

But if your reason to stop is in order to have eternal life then you have a foundation to build on. 

I'm going to with The bible, 
The Lord said that he would not have us be ignorant.
He said that the man of God would be thoroughly furnished.
He said we would know the truth and it would set us free. 

Now in order to have these we must hear what he has to say on any subject. 

If we won't an answer for any of life's problems then Gods word must be the book we use for that answer.

If you will begin your quest for the resolve by dwelling in Gods word all the sins of life will be revealed to you. 

This is on you my friend to decide whether its sin or not.
People can give their opinions the rest of your life but until you decide it's right or wrong from Gods word it will be a problem. 

The world has really turned hard to the wrong direction and let a lot of things in as the norm these days. 
But what we must remember is that the only thing we have that's remained the same and has not changed is the written words God pinned several thousand years ago. 
I hope this will help.

February 09 2014 1 response Vote Up Share Report

2
Open uri20160801 20438 137u62z Rachel Tingle
How will you get rid of your homosexual tendency? You know, I really believe that for some believers, it can go away. I only say that because some have said it happened for them (internet stuff). I think that for others, it's a struggle. They mess up and get back up to keep fighting. I think treating it like sin in terms of recognizing that it is a desire which is contrary to the Word of God and praying Psalm 51. Along with that, acknowledging that you are in sinful flesh and you will be tempted in this area. I would be very hesitant to tell someone they can get rid of it. If you were in a partnership for a long time and repented, that's not something that you can just "get rid of". Especially if you were physical in that relationship and were exclusive with the other. That is hard! My heart goes out to believers who have repented and are now striving to be faithful to God's word and wrestle with their desires out of respect and love God. The issues that they face and the questions they have to wrestle with. That is commendable. To deal with this on a practical level, I would confess my desires to a TRUSTED, MATURE believer. I would ask for prayer from trusted friends. Perhaps there is a support group within your fellowship that gets together and encourage and support one another. You may even fast for insight into what goes on inside of you concerning this desire. 

My desire for you would be found in Genesis 4:7...Sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you but you must master it. You have to rule and have dominion over it. I love this! This verse let's us know that sin is not far from us and it's desire is to have us. The encouragement is that we can, through the power of the Holy Spirit, rule over it. The way I see this played out is in Matthew 4. When Jesus was faced with temptation, He quoted the Word. Have your Scriptures on you (index cards) and keep quoting them when temptation comes. The more you recite them, they go deep and you memorize them and they become you. I really do believe that the more you starve your flesh in this area by resisting the devil (he will flee until a more opportune time) you will gain dominance. This means you are in control of yourself and this area of your flesh. You exercise the grace of God which teaches us to say "No" to unrighteousness. We don't always grow strong when the enemy is gotten rid of. The strength comes from the wrestling. I love that God never gives us more than we can handle and that He determines how far the devil can go when coming against us. We are not at his mercy. That is just encouragement to fight on. 

Also, study out God's plan for man and woman together. Go through the Scriptures like Ruth and Boaz, Jesus and His Church, along that line. My thinking is that you may want to study out the opposite of this struggle and asking God to show you the wisdom of His ways and His design for men and women. All these things are meant to fortify your armor so that you are standing on solid biblical ground when temptation comes. I have hidden your Word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

December 04 2014 1 response Vote Up Share Report

2
Mini Daniel Olujobi
Hi, my name is Daniel and i really do identify with this tendencies which i have been having some years back.

I have been a born again Christian since my teenage years and now i am 40years. My conversion was very dramatic and a real experience which is very uncommon today (I was doing some washing on that night and suddenly was convicted of my sins, left what i was doing and went to a church down the road of my home, told the pastor in charge what i came for, and led me right there to Christ).

I have had struggling with sins on the road, but this homosexuality started just suddenly, i got involved seriously, had sleeping mates that after sometime will just let them off when i get overwhelmed with the sin, i have prayed and done everything possible.

But i am so impressed and challenged by Ed. B. comment. I have done almost what he/she recommended, but am willing to try again and again until i am rid of this feeling and action in Jesus name. 

Please be encourage that you are not alone in this, faithful is he that called us and will not leave us like because we never bargained for it in this Christian journey. 

God Bless

December 04 2014 2 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Mini Liz Dyer
I admire you for having the courage to ask this question. I don't believe that you need to change your sexual orientation or that scripture condemns all same sex relationships. If you are interested I could suggest some reading and study materials but to get started you could search for Matthew Vines on google as he has some good information on what scripture does and does not say about same sex relationships.

For the record, there is no medical or scientific evidence that anyone can change their sexual orientation and even the majority of Christians who believe same sex relationships are wrong would say you can't change your orientation but would need to live a life of celibacy. I have a son who is gay and therefore have done a lot of studying and reading about this and I don't believe a loving, committed same sex relationship is wrong according to scripture. If you want to know more about my thoughts you can look up my blog serendipitydodah.wordpress.com

December 03 2014 2 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
1345168650 Stoney Rhodes
The first step to deliverances is admitting that you need help, and you have done that taking that first step.secondly you may need to change the friends you associate your self with the things you may watch that influence you,some churches my have programs or group sessions that can you can join that may help.Watch what you put in your spirit,read the word of God get a accountability partner someone you can confide in and really like prayer partner.

December 03 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Imag0495 Lynn Willis Obedient Daughter of the High King of the Universe
Hi Shakira,

I've opined on this previously, having lived in this life as a self-identified 'lesbian' at one point. For what they are worth, my prior comments are here: 

https://ebible.com/questions/1019-what-does-the-bible-say-about-homosexuality-is-homosexuality-a-sin#answer-16972

But today I want to talk about change and transformation based on a sermon I watched this week.

People are always looking to improve themselves, Eg. To make 2015 better than 2014 with new year's resolutions. Change is amazing, but transformation is better!

Why?

Because transformation is about belief modification, whereas change is about behaviour modification. God invites us into whole life transformation.

And the first step towards transformation in Christ's love is a desire to change. Without that desire to change, nothing will ever change.

But as Christians, this desire to change is about God, not us. We want to be the best we can be for Him IN Him. That is what, I believe, surrendering your life to Christ is about, living for Him, and living in Him, not for ourselves anymore.

You have to go all in with God, for if you are choosing to conform, the world owns you, but if you are being transformed and you let God have you, every part of you, from the inside out, you are given the best life ever in God's will for you which is the best place to live!

Romans 12:1: I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, 3 but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. 

God's will is at stake in these choices and you have to think differently, because what you think, you do, and what you do, is how you live your life. Your beliefs form the outer actions of your life, and form your results of those choices. Conformation includes believing that you are what your mother once said you were, or what your father did to you, or how your peers judged you, or what new age philosophers define as truth - which are all lies, because the truth IS, you are one precious child of God made uniquely in His image and He loves you completely and wants to set you on a path where you walk completely with HIM.

We are wicked creatures who need a Saviour. Sin is a part of us since the fall. Everything that we do and think that is not of God, such as homosexual tendencies, separates us from God, so you need to give it to Jesus, who died on the cross for you, for IT. Pray to the Lord to take this from you, and in all truth and honestly, He will!

These comments are, by and large, taken from a Christian church series at Crossroads online on Youtube on the theme of 'Power to Change'. I feel you would find it beneficial because even with our age difference, or experience differences, we are both on a walk with Christ that is transformative on a daily basis. Here is the 4th of the series: Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjTTlBGgF34

I hope I have helped you in sharing my comments, even just a little bit. I'm praying for you sister!

Blessings,
in HIM,
Lynn

1
Mini joy knowles
Shakera, God says 'come unto me all yea who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest'. Don't try to change yourself, rather go to God, with whatever it is you are struggling with. According to the bible homosexuality is not a tendency but a sin, and we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. 

But we are justified FREELY by his grace. So all you have to do is go to God, tell him your struggle with this desire, keep reading his word and renewing your mind with it, when you truly want to be completely rid of it. 

Cry out to God he will remove it. You may have to fight it by using his word and much prayers until then. But he LOVES you, and his son died for you. For he came to save sinners not the righteous! The fact that you want to change is showing God at work in you. Lean into him. He will free you.

December 04 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Stringio Dan Flynn
We all have fleshly desires because we were born into sin of the flesh.We should be of the spirit and not of the flesh.It is so hard in this society to ignore all that is put upon us.I to sin and repent of my ways and then I sin again.Repenting and telling God what you did and how you feel is what he wants to hear.He loves us so very much and will forget of your sins when you repent.Do not let the Devil get you down.That is what he does best.See I told you so,you did it again.As long as we try not to sin and express ourselves to God is all that matters.Disable the Devil and enable God.God does not want you to harp on the past.Repent ask for forgiveness and move on.He loves us so much.

1
Mini Ashley St Laurent
God loves you and there's nothing wrong with being gay. Being straight isn't a choice so being gay isn't. Read the Bible and pray and do your best to be a good Christian and person. You deserve to be happy and pretending your straight isn't the answer. You can change your sexuality.

December 04 2014 7 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Mini Billy P Eldred
Hi Shekera, 

I won't tell you that I understand what you are going through. I will say that many Christians deal will some type of sin issue that they need help with. I believe that the only unforgivable sin is the rejection of Christ as your Savior. That being said, part of the acceptance of Christ as your Savior is the submission to His authority in your life. 

It may be trite but a good way to look at that submission is the saying "what would Jesus do" or maybe more to the point, "what would Jesus have me do?" I believe that one thing He would have you do is to lean on the Holy Spirit for help. He said he would send us a helper and that help is always available to you. Another thing He would have you do is pray. There is an old phrase that is applicable that is "pray through", which means to start praying and continue to pray until what you are praying for comes to pass. 

Finally, I believe that one thing that can help you is to pray for someone of the opposite see to come into your life. There is someone out there who will fulfill all your desires in the way God intended. But you have to be open to meeting him. I would even suggest that you get the book "the five love languages" by Gary Chapman that will help you respond to that person when you meet them. 

Lastly, I would ask that everyone reading this post (you probably have done so already) pray for Shekera.

1
1409926162 James Edwards
I would like to commend you on making the first step to your Deliverance which is acknowledging that you have a struggle you want and need help with overcoming.

One thing about being a true Christian that possesses the Holy Spirit within us is: the intensity of our struggles became magnified by the closeness of our relationship to Christ.

Before we became a Christian there was no need to control our desires, but After becoming a Christian we learn of Christ and his desires for us; therefore, any unGodly desires are magnified through the Holy Spirit (that's one reason the Apostle Paul said: 1 Co 15:56
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. KJV)

"How do I get rid of my homosexual tendency?"

I recommend Fasting and Prayer!

There's a story in the Bible found in Matthew 17:14-21 where a man brought his son to Jesus because his son was a "lunatic, and sore vexed", but the disciples couldn't help him. After Jesus rebuked the devil in the boy, the disciples asked why they couldn't do, and Jesus said in Mat 17:21
"Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."(KJV)

The illumination is there are some struggles, desires, and tendencies (lying, gossiping, homosexuality, lust, adultery, fornication, etc.) we will not be to control or cast out unless we Fast and Pray.

So as you continue your quest to "rid" yourself of this unwanted tendency remember that God Loves you and that he didn't send his Son Jesus into the world to Condemn it but that the world through him might be saved (John 3:17) 

1 Cor 15:57
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
(KJV)

1
Open uri20160610 1580 1g51tq5 Melanie Barnert
Cry out to God, be persistent. God loves for us to pray and talk to him constantly. We are all sinners and Christ has died for them. Believe and you will be saved and will receive the Holy Spirit. Focus on Christ serve him, ask him how. Read your bible everyday for the Holy Spirit will be strong in you when you do. Attend Bible studies and church. 

Make God your greatest love, He should be everyone's anyways, for both the married and the unmarried. Focus on the things of God not men. Prayers to you.

December 05 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Mini Al Mari Private practice as a cardiovascular & thoracic surgeon
Shakera, praise God for "your desire" to get rid of homosexual tendency. You have provided a personal witnessing and proof-positive to "manifest the works of God".

No one is endowed enough to know with certainty the cause of sexual preference. For those who subscribe to the belief that sexual preference is from birth, this parallel example may help, John 9:1-3 "And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him."

Neither you nor your parents or genetics can be faulted. Not knowing the origin or cause of anything and everything, we can accept the "works of God should be made manifest in him" (for God's glory). 

Indeed, our "thoughts are not his thoughts" (Isa.55:8). Even now, we see "works of God made manifest", i.e., some gays and lesbians turning to Christianity. And the Spirit changed their "sexual preference" and become heterosexual and marry the opposite sex. While others took Paul's advice of celibacy. Those are examples of amazing "works of God made manifest", thru the power of the Spirit. 

But remember that your "desire and power to do" (to get rid of this tendency) comes from God as in Phil. 2:13 "New Living Translation
For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him." 

But, how did you get this power?
Remember, that YHVH Elohim, the Creator God, the Logos, Messiah and Passover, incarnated to man-Jesus and died so that his death could be imputed as our death (punishment for sin of Adam and mankind), by grace, that reconciled us to God the Father. 

Having finished the "reconciliation process", Jesus then resurrected for us to be "saved by his life", i.e., so that the Spirit (Jn.16:7) will be sent at Pentecost and dwell in us. Our flesh, being "weak"...although "Spirit is willing" (Matt.26:41), necessitates the Spirit "willingly" to dwell in us. That Spirit, given by "faith of Jesus" (Rom. 3:21-22) and by the grace of God, is now in you and gave you the "desire and the power to overcome evil". This Spirit will guide you to develop wisdom to choose good over evil as well as the power to do God's will. 

Our prayers are for you to use that power and get over that homosexual temptation. Please, "grieve not the Holy Spirit"(Eph. 4:30-32). 

Praise God and remember, this did not only happen "to" you, but "for" you...to God's glory.

December 06 2014 3 responses Vote Up Share Report

0
Mini wing kee
Shakera,
I will pray for you and hope that God will bring deliverance to you.
Meanwhile,dont loose heart and hope. :)
"we loose our way,get back up again its never too late"
we might try and fail,try and fail again.
But God is not gonna give up on you.

You are not alone.
We all fight this fight.we all have our tendency to some sin.
So do I.At times I really,really hate myself and will get very depress.
If there hasn't been someone love me with God's love and forgive my sin,i dont think i can still be alive!

We love you in christ! ^_^
big hugs!

February 11 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

0
Mini Dinshaw Dastur I am in strong faith in CHRIST and will walk as HE walked
My guidance to you first and foremost get rid of all porno material---never see --never watch---as even that is a sin of the eyes." In Job it is given "I have made a covenant with my eyes". So take care of your eyes. 

There will hardly anyone who will admit---have never indulged in porn. So please eliminate any pornographic material, so that your eyes will not tempt you to imagine gay thoughts. 

Secondly, as you are already a believer, nothing should bother you now. The blood of JESUS have cleansed you completely and demonic thoughts have no place in your life. When they come you must rebuke them in JESUS' name. In fact you must rebuke Satan and tell him that every evil thought he gives, you will destroy in JESUS name. Satan has no bearing on your life---rebuke and curse Satan every time such thoughts come. 

Finally every night without fail please pray Psalm 91/92/103. At least Psalm 91 is a must. Ask GOD to cover you by JESUS'S BLOOD and then sleep. 

Gay friends must be shunned at all cost unless they repent and change their lifestyle for God.

0
Mini Julian Whettam
I'm concerned about the frequently given answer that homosexual feelings are a sin, or that it's best to treat them as a sin (why?). That view can't be backed up by the Bible. For many people with homosexual feelings, they just grew up like that, and there are usually psychological reasons for this.

Sometimes God may graciously overrule and replace homosexual feelings with heterosexual ones. But where the reasons for homosexual feelings are psychological, repenting of a "sin" may not do the trick!

The other extreme sometimes recommended is to give in to homosexual urges. There's certainly no sanction for that in the Bible. Sometimes the narrow road is hard, but still the best road.

It's homosexual sex acts which are forbidden in the Bible - not homosexual feelings. Sometimes we have to live in a less than ideal situation, like having unfulfilled sexual desires - not easy, but actually very many Christians who are heterosexual also have to live with unfulfilled sexual desires, for all sorts of reasons - singleness, marriage problems or breakdown, and others.

December 05 2014 2 responses Vote Up Share Report

0
Data Danny Hickman Believer in The Gospel Of Jesus Christ
Shakera, if I knew a sure way for you to shed the tendency you have for homosexual desire I'd advise you of it and then take my own advise and shed the load of sinful attachments I've dragged along with me my entire life. 

I don't believe we can completely rid ourselves of the personality that is indicative of who we are. The person who struggles with anger for instance, wasn't born angry, but in the course of life was introduced to a world that produces anger in some people. Or the person who can never seem to be content with what he or she has, but always wants more regardless of how much they are able to obtain. It's called a greedy or gluttonous spirit. Can these be cured or can they only be brought under strict control? Will these spiritually damaging agents of the flesh ever go away on their own and stay gone? I might be wrong, but I doubt it will happen that way. 

A person who is insecure in their relationship with their spouse can pray until the cows come home and help with the bills, to be able to trust their spouse, but until that person has a change of heart he or she will feel anxious when the other is out of their presence. Thoughts derived from this spirit can produce behavior that can devestate a relationship. 

What am I saying?... The battlefield is in the mind (Rev. Joyce Meyer). Ask someone who struggles with an addiction. If the fight is in the mind then that's where we have to make our defense. Where do our unwanted thoughts and desires come from? The man who can't trust his wife to be in the same room with another man even when he is there, didn't choose to be that insecure but that won't make his anxiety go away. How did a person who was born free of any mental construct come to this way of thinking? The approximations are endless and will do little to aid in reconstruction. 

Rejoice in the Lord always; AGAIN I say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand (you're not alone, the Lord is at your side); do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your HEARTS and MINDS in Christ Jesus (Phil 4:4-7). 

Rejoice openly in a reasonable way. Pray, be thankful that the Lord is with you. Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is holy, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, THINK about these things... practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you (Phil 4:8,9b). 

The battle is not in your loins, though it might seem to be, it's in your mind. Your loins are a distraction of the real issue, your thoughts. 

The greatest personal battle ever fought and won was waged in the garden where Jesus was arrested. We're told of how He anguished about the thought of being forsaken by His Father on the way to His victory over sin and death on the Cross. There are no greater or more powerful enemies than sin and death, and they couldn't beat Him. Why? Matt 26:42b, "My Father, if this cannot pass unless I drink it, your will be done." He humbled Himself to the Father's will and the peace he needed to go forward was hand delivered by an angel from heaven, strengthening Him (Luke 22:43). Notice, His friends couldn't offer Him any encouragement at this crucial time because they were asleep. They could have stayed awake and prayed like He asked but they are shown to be too weak to fight such a fierce battle. It was, as we say, above their pay grade. 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones (Prov 3:5-8)

Your "bones" is your structure, what you're made of. He will give you new vigor.

5 days ago 0 responses Vote Up Share Report