1

What exactly does it mean to view women as objects?

I want to have a detailed explanation so that I can see the seriousness of this sin and inform others of how inappropriate it is. Thanks

Clarify Share Report Asked May 16 2013 1356706884 Dennis Mesidor

3
Mini Daniel Kytonen
I think it means to view them simply as a thing that can be used and discarded whether that is sexually or emotionally. We are not simply physical beings, we are spirit (Romans 8: 9) and soul, and when we objectify someone we are ignoring those other parts and saying the physical is all that exists. This is ignoring that we are all made in Gods image (Genesis 1: 26). Sadly when this happens, a part of us is dying, which makes it harder to receive Gods love and to love others in holistic way. 

Not only that, but I think that when we objectify someone we are also doing the same to ourselves.

May 16 2013 1 response Vote Up Share Report